Day two and I haven’t managed to logon for BfA play yet, missing the launch rush completely. Which doesn’t really worry me, as like many others I plan to level nice and slowly, investigating all the nooks and crannies and getting the most out of all the little details to be found. I like BarelyReadableDiary’s turn of phrase: “taking a ‘loremaster’ style approach to levelling”. Perfect.
Along with that post, there’s been a bunch of nice reflections of highlights from Legion. One of my favourites is from my Warlords Guild leader, Navimie of Frostwolves, who asked her guildies to supply a screenshot of a special moment from Legion. Such a great way to commemorate an expansion from many different angles. Zeriah and Cinder have also published some nice thoughts on Legion and what they’re looking forward to in BfA. I think my lists would be:
- Highmountain Tauren - competing as my favourite zone ever.
- Unlocking the Underlight Angler - a fairly predictable highlight!
- Flying - I fully support keeping us grounded as I think it really opens up the exploration game, but the sense of freedom when you can fly is also special.
- The story - everything about the lead up has been pretty epic, fascinated to see where it all leads.
- New Allied races - the Dark Iron Dwarves look fantastic. Not quite sure how I’ll manage that given they’re Alliance. Maybe that’s a good use for the 110 boost.
- Participating all the way through - a bugbear of mine has always been a tendency to only play at the very end of expansions, which leads to missing a lot of content and playing catchup. This time I hope to stay vaguely current throughout.
Looking forward to logging on and getting started - maybe by the weekend, and hopefully before the end of Blaugust!